Student Services enhances the flow of information between staff and families empowering students to obtain a high-quality education. The Student Services Department works toward assisting our staff in promoting strategies that will help engage students, reinforce positive behaviors, foster conflict resolution, and re-engage disenfranchised youth.
Students, staff, and parents can bring their concerns, recommendations, and complaints to this office so that we may work to bring about the most positive outcomes for all concerned to provide a safe and educational learning environment. If you have a question, please contact our office.
This notice, which is required by Education Code 48980(a), provides important information about federal laws and state education codes, as well as information relating to rights of parents or guardians of children.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my student qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch?
Go to the Nutritional Services website to read more and enroll.
What bus route does my student take to school?
- Bus Route Schedules
- If you have additional questions, please contact First Student Transportation at (760) 244-4022.
How do I obtain student records?
- A former student can request an official or unofficial transcript through Parchment.com. Click below on the last school of attendance:
- Requests can also be made directly to the last school of attendance via fax, email, or mail. Please provide the following:
- A valid ID, such as a driver’s license or passport
- Name the student was registered under when they attended HUSD
- Date of birth
- Last school of attendance
- Contact phone number
- Signature and date
- Type of records requested
- A return mailing address, fax number, or email address to send requested records
- Transcript Request Form (PDF)
Where do I enroll my student and what school should my student attend?
- Enrollment and registration for new students occurs at your child’s school according to your home address. To locate your student's "home" school, please use the Find my School link.
Where can I obtain a work permit?
- Students should contact their school’s Counseling Office/Career Center for information regarding work permits.